- March 27, 2001- A great 5-part feature from the National Post on Charles Oakley. A very insightful piece, on his background and his life off the court. Thanks, Karen.
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5
- March 15, 2001- Oakley with 8 rebounds in a loss to the Knicks at MSG. He also dived into the lap of portly Star Jones, while saving a ball. Oak on the chance of playing the Knicks in the 1st round of the playoffs: "I would love to play this team, but there's eight seeds so you don't know who you're going to play. We can't worry about a grudge match with New York. It's a team that's been around, they're established ... but on the other side of the ball, we're just trying to be on the same plane with them. We're the little kids on the block, they're the big kids. We've got to wait until it's our turn to play."
- March 10, 2001- Additional "I-told-you-so" quotes from Oakley on the drug suspensions: "Nobody backed me up. I made a statement in New York a couple of weeks ago... and then (now) it came up... Nobody believed me, but the truth is coming out. There are ways to get around everything, but if you get caught, you get caught. It's like getting a speeding ticket... There should be some apology from both these guys. They owe the team, the league."
- March 8, 2001- Exhibit A in the NBA marijuana case: Lamar Odom and J.R. Rider get suspended for using. Also, Toronto loses to the Lakers. Oak, who had 10 rebounds and 6 assists, had this to say:"When you play a team like the Lakers, it's the little things that count. They are looking for a show between Vince and Kobe and Shaq, but we need to take care of the little things. We didn't do that."
- March 5, 2001- Oakley with 10 pts and a technical foul in a win over the Knicks.